Makes about 20-30 pieces
50g coconut oil or butter, plus a little extra for greasing
2 T smooth peanut butter or other nut butter
2 tsp honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence and ¼ tsp cinnamon
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 apple or pear, grated but not peeled.
250g rolled Oats
85g dried apricot or prunes, chopped
85g mixed seed (I used pumpkin, chia, sesame and linseed)
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Heat the oil, nut butter and honey or maple syrup in a small pan until melted. Add the mashed banana, apple/pear, vanilla and cinnamon, and 100ml hot water, and mix to combine.
- Tip the oats, the dried fruit and the seeds into a large bowl.
- Pour in the combined banana and apple and stir until everything is coated by the wet mixture.
- Tip into the cake tin and level the surface.
- Bake for 55 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
Cut into 20-30 pieces to serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
They will keep for 3-7 days if chilled.
Can be frozen so are handy for making in advance of when needed, or freeze your batch in portions to stop them all being eaten at once!