A simple to make substantial soup perfect for lunch (Vegan, Gluten Free)
10 large heads silverbeet (or more if you like)
1 head celery
3-5kg frozen peas
1-2kg broccoli (if you have it)
4 tablespoons minced garlic
8 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
4 teaspoons mild curry powder
Salt and pepper
- Chop and fry the onion
- Add the garlic
- Chop the celery and add. Cook until soft.
- Finely shred the silverbeet. And add to the pan.
- Add everything else and water to the desired level in the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes and taste. Adjust seasoning.
- Whizz the whole lot with the whizz stick (should be thickish)
- Adjust seasoning again.
Serve with wholemeal bread, hummus and salad.
A head of silverbeet is a really good handful of stalks with large leaves; other leafy greens like perpetual spinach, New Zealand spinach, beet tops etc will work just as well