Start the night before if using dried chickpeas.
A distinctive side dish to complement your meals (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Heat oven to 180°C degrees.
2 cauliflower – chopped small florets (or 2kg frozen)
3 cups slivered almonds
750g dried chickpeas (become about 2.5kg once cooked or if using tins)
1.5kg chopped carrots if you like
1kg onions (red or white) peeled and quartered
2 tablespoons of garlic, crushed (or more to taste)
5 teaspoons mild curry powder
5 teaspoons garam masala
sprinkle of nice salt (sea salt etc)
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, rinse and cook as per Cooking Pulses instructions.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until vegetables are coated with spices
- Place in a large baking tray in a layer no more than about 2cm deep otherwise the veg will steam rather than roast.
- Place in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 30-50 mins until tender, turning the veg over occasionally.