A substantial warm salad suitable for special occasions, pictured here with Aubergine Chermoula (Vegan, Gluten Free)
½ head cauliflower chopped into small florets
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
3 large handfuls nuts – hazel, brazil, almond.
10 kalamata olives
5 garlic cloves (whole, peeled)
½ teaspoon salt
2 passionfruit (optional)
2 tablespoons sherry
½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
50g raisins (soak in warm water for 10 mins)
Heat oven to 200°C
- Coarsely chop the nuts by hand or in a food processor.
- Place the nuts, cauliflower, olives, salt, garlic and oil in a baking tray (or in a bowl if you only have shallow baking trays!) and mix well.
- Spread it out in the tray in a layer no deeper than 2 cm/1 inch
- Bake at 200°c for approximately 30 mins until the cauliflower is soft and slightly golden. Stir occasionally.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the cauliflower mix when cooked and stir together.
Goes well with Aubergine Chermoula