Makes 20. Gluten free, vegan, low sugar
2 cups buckwheat flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
¼ cup ground linseed
1/3 cup long shred desiccated coconut
10 dried dates, chopped roughly
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon ground all spice
1 tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
2 ripe bananas and 6 ripe feijoas (or 3 bananas if it’s not feijoa season)
¼ cup rice or glucose syrup
2 tablespoon brown sugar
Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Prepare two baking trays with non-stick surface (ideally silicone liner, or baking paper)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and make a well in the centre
- Mash the banana and feijoa with a fork, add the melted coconut, glucose and sugar and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with your hands until a sticky dough. (really sticky)
- Using your hands, dollop the dough onto the trays in approx. 4-5 cm mounds. Scrape all the dough off your fingers for the last one!!
- Bake for approximately 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Put on a cooling rack and try not to eat until they’ve cooled down a bit!