Single serve, multiply up if required. Vegan, Gluten Free*
Sometimes we don’t have time to make everything completely from scratch. This 400 kcal meal uses a packet falafel mix. I recommend using the Orgran mix as I think it’s the least dry. (* this being Gluten Free depends on the falafel mix you use – for accurate calorie counting follow the recipe below rather than the packet instructions). Intermittent fasting meals like this are designed to be both nutritious and filling and are suitable for use at any other time.
70g falafel mix – 238kcal
50g finely chopped silver beet – 9kcal
5 kalamata olives (each chopped into 6). – 29kcal
50g avocado (½ a very small one) – 83kcal
85g cooked savoy cabbage – 25kcal (or other leafy green that you have)
42g sauerkraut – 15kcal (this can be bought or homemade)
Tabasco/Kaitaia Fire type sauce to taste – 1-2 kcal
- Add the water to the falafel and mix well, leave for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped olives and finely chopped silverbeet and mix well.
- Leave it to sit for another 5 minutes (or longer)
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan to medium.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of the falafel mix into the frying pan and spread so it’s about 5-6mm thick.
- Cook until golden on one side, then turn over and repeat. Meanwhile…
- Warm up the cooked savoy cabbage that you have left over from yesterday (!), or cook it from fresh in a little boiling water for 5 mins.
- Roughly chop the avocado. Place this with the sauerkraut on a plate.
- Add the falafel when ready.
- Top with some tabasco sauce if you like chilli, lemon juice if not.
- Add a small pinch salt and pepper to taste if needed.